Master Gardener Volunteer Level 1 Training: MGV Brochure
Level 1 training is scheduled from 1-4 pm on Thursdays from Aug. 16 – Nov. 1. Locations will alternate each week at the Kenosha County Center (intersection of Highways 45 & 50 in Bristol) and the Ives Grove Office Complex (County Office Building, Public Works Building) at 14200 Washington Avenue (Highway 20), Sturtevant WI, 53177
The training is offered as flipped instruction, meaning participants must read chapters from the manual and watch videos prior to the on-site training each week. Access to a computer is strongly encouraged. Training fee: $150.
Attendance at the training sessions is very important. Participants should attend all 12 sessions. Two absences are allowed during the 12-week program. At three absences, a participant is dropped from the training.
Orientation is scheduled for July 12th: 1-2 pm at the Ives Grove location (auditorium) OR 3-4 pm at the Kenosha County Center (Hearing Room). Application materials will be available at orientation. Application deadline: July 26.
If you are interested in the Master Gardener Level 1 Training Program in Racine and Kenosha Counties, contact Theresa Odell, Theresa.Odell@racinecounty.com
For detailed information on becoming a Master Gardener Volunteer, please visit Wisconsin Master Gardener Program.
2017 Annual Report – Kenosha Kenosha 2017 AnnualReport
2016 Annual Report – Kenosha kenosha2016aar
Are you looking for a Master Gardener to give a presentation to your group?
Do you have a community project for Master Gardeners? (Projects for 2018 have been approved.)
- 2019 Master Gardener New Project Request Form: 2019MGVNewProjectRequestForm
Forms for Master Gardener Volunteers
- 2018 Master Gardener Volunteer Timesheet: timesheet2018
- 2017 Project Report Form: Project_Report_2017 ; Project_Report_2017 (PDF)
- MGV Care To Share Form: PDF Format | Word Format
- Master Gardener Volunteer Exemption from Hours Request: PDF
- Master Gardener Volunteer Project Sign In/Out Form: Kenosha Project | Racine Project
- Volunteer Behavior Agreement: UWEXT-VOLUNTEER-BEHAVIOR-EXPECTATIONS-2-15-Protected