2017 Kenosha & Racine Counties Agricultural Clean Sweep
Collection & Disposal of Agricultural Chemical Waste
When: Thursday, October 19, 2017, 1 PM – 5 PM
Where: Old Settlers Park (Racine Co Fairgrounds), 19805 Durand Avenue, Union Grove
If you are an active farmer, owner of agricultural land, nursery, orchard, or greenhouse operator in Kenosha or Racine County you may bring in up to 200 pounds of waste free of charge. There may be charges for waste quantities over 200 pounds depending on program demand and fund availability.
- Unusable, unwanted, damaged, registration suspended or canceled agricultural chemicals (including DDT, chlordane, lead arsenate and lindane)
- Other agricultural chemicals including: unusable animal medications and vaccines, teat wash, solvents, degreasers, rodent baits, lead-based paints, etc.
- Waste fuel
- Waste antifreeze and motor oil
What WILL NOT be accepted at the Ag Clean Sweep?
- Empty agricultural chemical containers
- Infectious or biological wastes
- Compressed gas cylinders
- Explosives, radioactive waste
- Tires, latex paint
- Computers & electronic equipment
- Human pharmaceuticals
Unknown Ag Chemicals will be accepted if they are in quantities of less than 5 gallons or 50 pounds
REGISTER NOW! Please pre-register for this program by Monday, October 16 to help us prepare for the event. You may register via mail using this hard copy form or electronically through our online form. If you have questions about this program, please contact Leigh Presley, Kenosha and Racine County UW-Extension at 262-857-1948, 262-767-2905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is sponsored by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection, UW-Extension, and Kenosha and Racine Counties.