For immediate release: December 26, 2017
Contact: Jen Reese, (262)767-2915
YOUTH IN GOVERNANCE PROGRAM SEEKS NEW MEMBERS
(Kenosha, WI) – Kenosha County Youth In Governance, a youth empowerment program that offers area teens the chance to directly participate in local government, is seeking nominations for motivated young people for the 2018-2019 program year.
The requirements to participate in Youth In Governance are:
- Youth must be a Kenosha County resident
- Youth must be a high school student in 10th or 11th grade
- Youth must have a GPA of 2.5 or greater
- Youth must be able to attend the monthly meetings of their committee
- Youth must attend at least one Kenosha County Board meeting during their term
- Youth must participate in the bus tour held the last Wednesday in June
- Youth must be able to attend additional committee meetings that are combined with other committees
The nomination form is available on the Kenosha County UW-Extension website at https://kenosha.uwex.edu/youth-development or by calling the Kenosha County UW-Extension Office at (262)857-1945. Nominations are due by Friday, February 2, 2018.