With the continued rain in southern Wisconsin, here are selected resources for dealing with flooding, power outages, and general disaster assistance from the UW-Extension Family Living Programs.
- Emergency Preparedness
- Extension Disaster Education Network
- Food Safety and Natural Disasters (powerpoint)
- Keep Food and Water Safe after a Natural Disaster or Power Outage
- Keeping Food Safe During a Natural Disaster (and in Spanish)
- Natural Disasters & Severe Weather (CDC)
- Removing Odors from Refrigerators and Freezers (and in Spanish)
- Ready Wisconsin
- Storing Food for Short Term Emergencies
- Storing Water for Short-Term Emergencies
- The Power is Off, Is the Food Still Safe?
- USDA Disaster Assistance Program
- What to Do if the Freezer Stops
For even more information https://kenosha.uwex.edu/community-development/community-planning/flood-resources/
If you have any questions, please call Kenosha County UW-Extension at262-857-1945.