The 2016 Master Gardener Volunteer Training classes will be held every Wednesday, March 16 through June 1, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the Kenosha County Center (19600 75th Street, Bristol).
Attendance at the “Orientation to Master Gardener Volunteer Program” on Wednesday, February 17, from 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. at the Kenosha County Center is mandatory for acceptance into the program.
If you are interested in becoming a Master Gardner, please download the following forms:
- Letter to Prospective Master Gardeners
- 2016 Master Gardener Application
- UW-Extension Volunteer Expectations
Please email email@example.com to add your name to the list for the 2016 class.
Racine/Kenosha Master Gardener Association
The mission of the Racine/Kenosha Master Gardener Association (RKMGA) is to educate, beautify, and preserve the community through trained Master Gardener Volunteers. We have about 200 members and more than 30 projects throughout Racine and Kenosha counties. Our diverse range of volunteer opportunities includes staffing a plant help line, creating and maintaining demonstration gardens, working with youth, teaching horticultural skills to adults with disabilities, and sharing information at special events. The Racine/Kenosha Master Gardener Association is part of the Wisconsin Master Gardener Association.
- RKMGA Quarterly Newsletters
- 2015 Annual Report – Kenosha
- 2015 Master Gardener Projects
- 2015 RKMGA Meetings & Educational Programs (Open to the public at no charge.)
- Project Request Form: PDF Format | Word Format
- Racine/Kenosha Master Gardener Association By-Laws (pdf format)
Master Gardener Program and Racine/Kenosha Master Gardener Association
- Definitions of UW-Extension Master Gardener Program and the Racine/Kenosha Master Gardener Association
Frequently Asked Questions
Forms for Master Gardener Volunteers
- 2016 Master Gardener Volunteer Timesheet: PDF Format | Word Format | Excel Format
- 2015 Project Report Form: PDF Format | Word Format
- MGV Care To Share Form: PDF Format | Word Format
Racine/Kenosha Master Gardener Educational Programs
Racine/Kenosha Master Gardener Educational Programs are free and open to the public. Programs typically start at 7:15 p.m.
|Feb 15||Kenosha||Project Coordinators||RKMGA Project Showcase|
|March 21||Racine||Lisa Stark, MGV and Faculty, Mount Mary University||Putting Health on the Shelf|
|April 25||Kenosha||Margie Hannes & Kris Pfeiffer, MGVs||Rain Gardens|
|May 23||Tour||Quinn Pigott, AquaTerra Farms||Aquaponics|
The remaining dates for RKMGA programs are as follows:
- June 27
- July 25
- August 22
- September 26
- October 24
- November 14
- December 12
Please check back for information on the speakers and topics for these programs.